Thumbnail Filmstrip of 5.25" High Definition Outdoor Patio Speaker Pair w/ Optional 70V, White or Black - AP525 Images
OSD Audio AP525 outdoor patio speakers are extremely popular, made of composite resin with a low resonator cabinet, they're a great value because they provide remarkable sound. These speakers have a clean, modern look, so they make a great addition to mid-sized decks and patios. With 75 watts of power, a built-in sound port for excellent bass and a weather-resistant design, the AP525 gives you great sound without the price tag of other brands. They're available in black and white, and if you'd like, you can get the 70-volt switchable version. The 70-volt switchable models lets installers switch to the right wattage tap without soldering, tapping or disassembly (you usually don't need this feature for typical home installations). Designed for outdoor conditions with weather-resistant components, the sturdy ABS polymer enclosure and rust-resistant aluminum grille is ideal for patios, decks and overhangs.
- Mounting bracket is designed to mount either vertically or horizontally
- Available with 70V switch for commercial installations
- Gold-plated spring compression binding posts for optimum connectivity
- Sturdy fiberglass reinforced plastic frame
- Powder-coated rust-resistant Aluminum grille
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial, CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from!
- Speaker Type: 5.25" Indoor/ Outdoor Patio Speakers, 70V Optional
- Woofer: 5.25" Polypropylene
- Tweeter: 1" Silk Dome
- Frequency Response: 45Hz to 20kHz
- Power handling: 75W
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohm w/ Optional 70V Transformer Built-In
- Tap: 4 Watts, 8 Watts, 16 Watts and 32 Watts
- Inputs: Gold-Plated Spring-Loaded Binding Posts
- Weather Resistant: All-Weather Versatility
- Powder-coated Rust-resistant Steel Grille
- Sturdy Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Frame
- Handles Temperature Fluctuations From -20F to 200F
- Install-friendly Mounting Brackets Included
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 7.5" x 9.7" x 6.6"
- Sold As: Pair
- Wireless: No
- Colors Available: Black or White
- Weight: 7 lbs Each Speaker
- Warranty: 1 year