Thumbnail Filmstrip of 6.5" 3-Way Outdoor Patio Speaker Pair 150W, Optional 70V Tap, IP54 Rated, White or Black AP640 Images
Ideal for large areas that require a high-end sound system for complete coverage, the AP640 outdoor patio speaker pair may be the perfect choice for your needs. Designed for outdoor conditions with weather-resistant components, the sturdy ABS polymer enclosure and rust-resistant aluminum grille is ideal for patios, decks and overhangs measuring between 500 and 800 square feet. Featuring full sound and deep, rich bass, these weather-resistant patio speakers provide rich, true sound. The AP640 Outdoor Patio Speaker Pair has 6.5-inch polypropylene woofers to enhance bass and a 1-inch supernil tweeter to recreate the high notes. The frequency response of these speakers is 37Hz to 20 kHz, and they boast 89db sensitivity with gold-plated, five-way binding posts.
Do you have a 70V application? These are ideal for situations in which you need to daisy-chain speakers to cover a large area, and they're resistant to salt, water, pool chemicals and even snow.
- All-weather design withstands even harsh climates
- Mounting bracket is designed to mount either vertically or horizontally
- Gold-plated spring compression binding posts for optimum connectivity
- Sturdy ABS polymer frame
- Power-coated rust-resistant Aluminum grille
- 8 ohm with 70V transformer built-in
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial, CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from!
- Speaker Type: 6.5" 3-Way Indoor/ Outdoor Patio Speakers, 70V Optional
- IP54 Rated
- Woofer: 6.5" Polypropylene Cone
- Mid: 1" Fabric Dome
- Tweeter: 0.75" Piezo
- Frequency Response: 37Hz to 20kHz +/-10dB
- Power handling: 20-150W Peak
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- 70V Tap: 32W, 16W, 8W, 4W
- Gold-Plated Spring-Loaded Binding Posts
- Powder-coated Rust-resistant Aluminum Grille
- 'U' Bracket
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 11.4" x 8.5" x 7.6"
- Sold as: Pair
- Colors Available: Black / White
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year