Thumbnail Filmstrip of 6.5" 2-Way Outdoor Patio Speaker Pair 150W, Optional 70V Tap, IP54 Rated, White or Black AP650 Images
*Voted Best Outdoor Speaker of 2021 by Wirecutter*
The OSD Audio AP650 outdoor patio speaker pair is the ideal solution for providing all your favorite tunes on a patio, deck or poolside. Designed to withstand all types of weather, they'll perform under the harshest conditions; they're even safe from pool chemicals. AP650 speakers come with matching mounting brackets that allow for 180-degree swivel and 60 degree tilt, mounted either horizontally or vertically. Designed for outdoor conditions with weather-resistant components, the sturdy ABS polymer enclosure and rust-resistant grille is ideal for patios, decks and overhangs. They feature 150W power handling, silicone-sealed internal cabinetry and a 6.5-inch waterproof paper cone woofer. They're guaranteed to sound better than brands with a bigger price tag, as well.
- Mounting bracket is designed to mount either vertically or horizontally
- Available with 70V switch for commercial installations
- Gold-plated spring compression binding posts for optimum connectivity
- Sturdy ABS polymer frame
- Powder-coated rust-resistant aluminum grille
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial, CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from!
- Speaker Type: 6.5" Indoor/ Outdoor Patio Speakers, 70V Optional
- Woofer: 6.5" Waterproof Paper Cone
- Tweeter: 1" Silk Dome
- Frequency Response: 35Hz to 22kHz +/-10dB
- Power handling: 20-150W Peak
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms w/ Optional 70V Transformer Built-In
- 70V Selectable Taps: 32W, 16W, 8W, 4W
- Inputs: Gold-Plated Spring-Loaded Binding Posts
- Weather Resistant: All-Weather Versatility; IP54 Rated
- Silicone-sealed Internal Cabinetry and Driver
- Powder-coated Rust-resistant Steel Grille
- Full Motion Bracket
- 18dB per octave Electro-Acoustic Crossover Design
- Handles Temperature Fluctuations From -20F to 200F
- Install-friendly Mounting Brackets Included
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 7.6" x 12" x 8.6"
- Sold As: Pair
- Wireless: No
- Colors Available: Black or White
- Weight: 9 lbs Each Speaker
- Warranty: 1 year