Thumbnail Filmstrip of 8" High Performance 200W 2-Way Weather Resistant Outdoor Patio Speaker Pair, Black or White - AP840 Images
Our OSD Audio AP840 outdoor patio speakers are great for large areas that require a high-end sound system for complete coverage outdoors. Featuring full sound and deep, rich bass, these weather-resistant patio speakers provide rich, true sound. The AP840 patio speaker pair has 8-inch polypropylene woofers to enhance even more bass than a 6.5-inch speaker, and a 1-inch Supernal tweeter to recreate the high notes. Whether you need full, rich sound for your own patio or deck, or you're looking for outdoor speakers for schools or other venues, you'll love these shining examples. Designed for outdoor conditions with weather-resistant components, the sturdy ABS polymer enclosure and rust-resistant aluminum grille is ideal for patios, decks and overhangs measuring between 500 and 800 square feet.They're available in black or white, and because they feature a sleek, unobtrusive design, they're a great choice for any outside space.
- All-weather design withstands even harsh climates
- Mounting bracket is designed to mount either vertically or horizontally
- Gold-plated spring compression binding posts for optimum connectivity
- Sturdy ABS polymer frame
- Power-coated rust-resistant Aluminum grille
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial, CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from!
- Speaker Type: 8" 2-Way Indoor/ Outdoor Patio Speakers
- Woofer: 8" Polypropylene
- Tweeter: 1" Supernal Soft Dome
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 22kHz
- Power handling: 200W
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Inputs: Gold-Plated Spring-Loaded Binding Posts
- Weather Resistant: All-Weather Versatility
- Powder-coated Rust-resistant Aluminum Grille
- Sturdy ABS Polymer Frame
- Handles Temperature Fluctuations From -20F to 200F
- Install-friendly Mounting Brackets Included
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 11" x 14.75" x 9.25"
- Sold As: Pair
- Wireless: No
- Colors Available: Black or White
- Weight: 15 lbs Each Speaker
- Warranty: 1 year