Thumbnail Filmstrip of 5.25" 100W Outdoor Weather-Resistant Rock Speaker Pair, Brown, Dark Grey, or Light Grey - RX550 Images
The OSD Audio RX550 5.25-Inch Outdoor Rock Speakers provide superb sound quality. They look right at home by the pool, in the garden or in any other outdoor environment. Ideal for residential or commercial use in hotels, resorts, alfresco dining and country club settings, the OSD RX550 Outdoor Rock Speakers let you create the perfect audio in nearly any environment. These rock speakers are housed in an acoustically inert enclosures that are designed from aerospace-grade, multi-layer composite cabinetry. With all-weather construction that withstands high temperatures, rain and other severe weather conditions, these faux rock outdoor speakers are available in brown, slate and white granite styles.
• All-weather components withstand rain, high temperatures, and other harsh weather conditions
• Acoustically inert enclosure made from aerospace grade multi-layer composite cabinetry
• Designed specifically for outdoor environments with excellent sound quality
• Available in different colors to match your environment
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial, CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from!
OSD outdoor speakers are developed with harsh conditions of the outdoors in mind. Our rock speakers use only non-water-absorbing materials and won't absorb any water. This is critical in winter so it won't freeze and crack. The shape is designed to withstand large amounts of pressure, extreme temperatures and moisture. Remember though, outdoor speakers are an investment, so take care of them. Storing them away from extreme weather conditions will only lengthen the time you will get enjoying outdoor speakers. These rock speakers utilize weather-resistant components for years of trouble free performance.
- Speaker Type: 5.25" 2-Way Weather Resistant Rock Speakers
- Woofer: 5.25" Dual Polypropylene Cone with Butyl Rubber Surround
- Frequency Response: 65Hz to 20kHz
- Power handling: 100W
- Sensitivity: 88 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Weather Resistant: All-Weather Versatility
- Aerospace Grade, Multi-layer Composite Cabinetry
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 9" x 8" x 9"
- Sold As: Pair
- Wireless: No
- Colors Available: Sandstone Canyon Brown, Slate Dark Grey, or Granite Light Grey
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year