Thumbnail Filmstrip of 100W Impedance Matching Decora Style Soft-Touch Slider Speaker Volume Control Kit - VMS100 Images
OSD Audio’s VMS100 is an impedance-matching volume control for adjusting the volume of a pair of speakers within a whole house audio system. Ideal for dining rooms, saunas, porches or other areas of the house where you want to add sound, the VMS100 maintains the full hi-fi audio frequency response with no low frequency roll-off and is equipped with the same features of volume controls that cost twice as much. Rated at 100 Watts peak, the volume control includes adjustable jumpers to add up to eight pairs of 8-ohm speakers simultaneously, and the impedance-matching feature helps stabilize the ohm load going back to the amp or receiver to avoid overheating. This is a complete volume control kit that fits into a standard single-gang box and includes the VC, junction box, screws and assorted color trim plates (white, ivory and almond) so you can choose the color that best matches the room. Compatible with almost any dedicated audio zone or whole house system, the electronics inside the VSM100 are designed with a ruler-flat frequency response while the 12-step slider provides noise-free volume control and a wide range of listening volumes.
- Decora style impedance-matching volume control for whole house audio systems and dedicated audio zones
- Rated at 100 Watts peak with minimal bass roll-off
- Impedance-matching helps stabilize the ohm load to avoid overheating
- Accepts up to 14-gauge wiring and fits in a standard gang box with a depth of 2.9”
- Includes junction box, screws and white, ivory and almond trim plates to match any room décor
- Precision electronic design provides low distortion and a ruler flat frequency response
- 12-step linear slider for pop-free control and a wide range of listening volumes
- Installs easily and works with almost any audio system
What Is Impedance Matching Volume Control?
Impedance is a measurement of resistance to alternating current. Speakers are specified by impedance, and a common value is 8 ohms. When you’re connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier, you need to stay above the amp’s minimum load requirements because going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage expensive equipment. Volume controls such as the VMS100 have selectable impedance so you can match the impedance with the number of speakers being controlled with the capabilities of your amp. A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, four to eight pairs of speakers, and volume controls. Impedance-matching volume controls feature three settings depending on how many speakers you are connecting. For one to two pairs of 8-ohm speakers, the setting is 1/2x; for three or four pairs of 8 ohm speakers, the setting is 4X. Volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your speakers but simply attenuate the volume up or down. During setup, you'll set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to inaudible levels.
- Volume Control Type: 100W Impedance Matching Slider Style
- Power Handling: 100W Peak; 50W RMS Per Channel
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Attenuation: 52 dB (Max)
- Steps: 12 (Make Before Break)
- Impedance Matching for 1/2, 4, 6, or 8 Pairs of Speakers
- *Can be Used as Non-Impedance Matching if Leaving Default on Jumper Setting at 1X
- Wiring Requirement: Up to 14 Gauge Wire
- Removable Input and Output "Quick Connect" Phoenix Connectors
- Fits in a Standard Single Gang Box - See LV1 for Mounting Bracket
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 1.62" x 2.5" x 2.5"
- What's Included: White, Ivory and Almond Plates, Inserts, Screws, and Slider
- Additional Colors Available: Black or Brown
- Warranty: 5 Years