Thumbnail Filmstrip of 300W Impedance Matching Decora Style Rotary Speaker Volume Control Kit - SVC300 Images
OSD Audio's SVC300 is an impedance-matching volume control that lets you adjust the volume of a pair of speakers independently of other speakers within a whole house audio system. Ideal for areas such dining or conference rooms where you may want softer volumes or for saunas or garages where you may want higher volumes, the SVC300 maintains the full hi-fi audio frequency response with no low frequency roll-off. Equipped with the same features of volume controls that cost twice as much, the SVC300 is rated at 300 Watts peak and includes adjustable jumpers to add up to eight pairs of 8-ohm speakers simultaneously. The impedance-matching feature helps stabilize the ohm load going back to the amp or receiver to avoid overheating and damaging expensive equipment. A complete volume control kit that fits into a standard single-gang box, the SVC300 also includes the junction box, screws and assorted color trim plates (white, ivory and almond) so you can choose the color that best matches the room. This versatile whole house volume control is compatible with almost any dedicated audio zone or whole house system, and the 12-step rotary knob adjusts the volume from inaudible to loud and everything in between.
- Decora style impedance-matching volume control for whole house audio systems and dedicated audio zones
- Rated at 150 Watts per channel with minimal bass roll-off
- Impedance-matching feature stabilizes the ohm load so parallel connections of multiple volume controls can be installed without damaging the amplifier
- Front-mounted adjustable jumpers allow easy adjustment when multiple pairs of speakers are connected to a single receiver or amplifier
- Accepts up to 14-gauge wiring and fits in a standard gang box with a depth of 2.9'Includes junction box and screws as well as white, ivory and almond trim plates to match any room d'cor
- Precision electronics provide low distortion and a ruler flat frequency response
- 12-step linear rotary-style knob for a wide range of listening volumes
- Installs easily and works with almost any audio system
What Is Impedance Protection?
Speakers are specified by impedance, which is a measurement of resistance to alternating current, and a common value for speakers is 8 ohms. When you're connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier, you need to stay above the amp's minimum load requirements because going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage expensive equipment. The SVC300 allows you to match the impedance with the number of speakers being controlled with the capabilities of your amp. A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, four to eight pairs of speakers, and volume controls. Impedance-matching volume controls feature three settings depending on how many speakers you are connecting. For one to two pairs of 8-ohm speakers, the setting is 1/2x; for three or four pairs of 8 ohm speakers, the setting is 4X. Keep in mind that volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your speakers but simply attenuate the volume up or down. During setup, you'll set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to inaudible levels.
- Volume Control Type: 300W Impedance Matching Rotary Knob Style
- Power Handling: 300W Peak; 150W RMS Per Channel
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Attenuation: 52 dB (Max)
- Steps: 12 (Make Before Break)
- Impedance Matching for 1/2, 4, 6, or 8 Pairs of Speakers
- *Can be Used as Non-Impedance Matching if Leaving Default on Jumper Setting at 1X
- Wiring Requirement: Up to 14 Gauge Wire
- Removable Input and Output "Quick Connect" Phoenix Connectors
- Fits in a Standard Single Gang Box - See LV1 for Mounting Bracket
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 1.62" x 2.5" x 2.5"
- What's Included: White, Ivory and Almond Plates, Inserts, Screws, and Knob
- Additional Colors Available: Black or Brown
- Warranty: 5 Years