Thumbnail Filmstrip of 8" 500W Outdoor In-Ground Burial Rated Underground Subwoofer - GLS8 Images
Get ready to rumble bring your landscape to life with our powerful GLS8 In-Ground Subwoofer. To immerse yourself in music’s lowest tones while enjoying your outdoor retreat, OSD Audio offers the GLS8 in-ground subwoofer. Since the bulk of the subwoofer is buried underground, only the port needs to appear to the outside world. But just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean you won’t know it’s there. The subterranean design brings bold, deep bass and full-range audio to backyards of any size.For optimum outdoor performance combine the GLS8 with our LS3 landscape satellite speakers. Create an unobtrusive stealthy outdoor sound system.
Additional system configurations can be created for up to 8 pairs of speakers using multi-channel amplifiers and or series parallel wiring.
• Buried subwoofer cabinet disappears into the landscape.
• Exposed vent can be primed and painted to blend into its surroundings.
• At less than 20 inches long, you can enjoy big sound with a small footprint.
• Easily expand your system with our compatible LS3 landscape satellite speakers.
• For the best quality sound place the subwoofer within 20 feet of the general listing area.
• Ensure the hooded output vent is away from the direct spray of sprinklers.
• Before burying the sub, put gravel at the bottom of the hole for drainage and leveling.
Why Add an Outdoor Subwoofer?
Most outdoor speakers are not designed to cover lower frequencies so adding a subwoofer to a backyard audio system can make a huge difference in the quality of sound you experience. If you have outdoor speakers in your patio or backyard, you’re hearing mid and high frequencies and some bass so adding an outdoor subwoofer not only delivers missing bass notes, but also takes the low-frequency burden off the other speakers which will optimize your entire system.
Do I Need a Subwoofer Amplifier?
Yes! The GLS8 is a passive subwoofer and needs a subwoofer amplifier to power it. An ideal match is our SMP-300 which is rated at 500W peak power and 250W continuous RMS.
- Speaker Type: 8" Burial Rated In-Ground Outdoor Subwoofer
- Woofer: 8" Polypropylene Cone with Rubber Surround
- Frequency Response: 28Hz-200Hz
- Power Handling: 500 Watts
- Sensitivity: 84 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- 360° Omni-directional
- Weatherproof Impact Resistant Cabinetry
- Exposed Vent can be Primed and Painted to Blend into its Surroundings
- Sold As: Single
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 19.75" x 28" x 15.5"
- Weight: 32 lbs
- Warranty: 2 Years