Thumbnail Filmstrip of SVC205 In-Wall Impedance Matching Volume Control with On/Off Switch Images
The OSD Audio SVC205 is a self-impedance matching in-wall volume controller with an on/off switch. Volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your speakers; they simply attenuate the volume up or down. During setup, you'll set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to almost inaudible levels. The SVC205 is unique in that it let's you turn sound off completely.
- Control volume from any room
- Low distortion and ruler flat frequency response
- All installation materials included
- Front-mounted setting switch and on/off switch
What Is Impedance Protection?
Speakers are specified by impedance, which is a measurement of resistance to alternating current, and a common value for speakers is 8 ohms. When you're connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier, you need to stay above the amp's minimum load requirements because going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage expensive equipment. The SVC allows you to match the impedance with the number of speakers being controlled with the capabilities of your amp. A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, four to eight pairs of speakers, and volume controls. Impedance-matching volume controls feature three settings depending on how many speakers you are connecting. For one to two pairs of 8-ohm speakers, the setting is 1/2x; for three or four pairs of 8 ohm speakers, the setting is 4X. Keep in mind that volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your speakers but simply attenuate the volume up or down. During setup, you'll set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to inaudible levels.
- Volume Control Type: 300W Impedance Matching Knob Style w/ On/Off Switch
- Power Handling: 300W Peak; 100W RMS Per Channel
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Attenuation: 42 dB (Max)
- Steps: 12 (Make Before Break)
- Impedance Matching for 1/2, 4, 6, or 8 Pairs of Speakers
- *Can be Used as Non-Impedance Matching if Leaving Default on Jumper Setting at 2X
- Impedance Matching Volume Controller with On/Off Switch
- Wiring Requirement: Up to 14 Gauge Wire
- Removable Input and Output "Quick Connect" Phoenix Connectors
- Fits in a Standard Single Gang Box - See LV1 for Mounting Bracket
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 1.62" x 2.5" x 2.5"
- Warranty: 5 Years