Thumbnail Filmstrip of 100W Mono-Channel Class D Subwoofer Amplifier, Auto Sensing, 4 -8 Ohm, ETL CE Certified - SMP100 Images
Our SMP100 Class D Digital Subwoofer Amplifier is a compact 100W amp designed to power passive subwoofers used in home theaters or whole house audio systems. We call this our 'tiny but mighty' powered sub because it measures less than six inches wide but supplies an in-wall or stand-alone subwoofer the power it needs so you can experience room-shaking low frequency impact (bass) on movie and music soundtracks. The advanced crossover circuit can be set at different frequency ranges (35Hz to 160Hz) and can be adjusted with the front-panel control knob. Other features include front-panel adjustable phase and volume controls to dial in just the right amount of low frequency effects (LFE).
- A compact 100-Watt Class D subwoofer amplifier for multiple source applications
- Ideal for powering subwoofers used in whole-house audio or dedicated home theaters
- Highly efficient Class D technology runs cool under demanding loads
- Adjustable low-pass filter for distortion-free bass
- Front panel phase and volume controls
- Choice of speaker level or audio line level inputs (RCA)
- Auto sensing feature automatically turns on or off when signal is detected
- Distributed power capability for speakers and subs
Includes Class D Amp Technology
The SMP100 uses Class D digital amplifier technology that combines the best qualities of both Class A and B amp protocols into a highly efficient compact chassis that is ideal for budget-minded users who want a feature-rich digital sub amp that does not run hot or take up a lot of space.
Auto On/Off Switch
The SMP100 includes auto sensing that turns on the amp when an audio signal is detected then turns off automatically after 15 minutes when a signal is not detected so no more worrying about whether you hit the off switch before bedtime.
Master Volume Control
When properly setup, the volume control on the SMP100 will control both the amp and the receiver volume to which it is connected for simple operation.
Includes Speaker Level and RCA Inputs
With both RCA and speaker level connections, the SMP100 acts as a distributed amplifier and will also power a pair of in-ceiling speakers.
Why Add A Subwoofer Amp?
A powered subwoofer has its own internal amplifier, but a passive subwoofer will require a separate amplifier and in-wall subs are most commonly passive. The SMP100 Class D Digital Subwoofer Amp not only adds necessary power but also filters low frequencies away from other speakers, which in turn gives you much cleaner highs and midrange frequencies. Add this little subwoofer amp and you'll improve the overall sound quality of your entire surround sound or whole house audio system.
- Amplifier Type: Subwoofer Amplifier Mono
- Amplifier Class: Class D
- Channels/Zones: 1
- Power Output @ 8 Ohm: 80W RMS / 160W Peak
- Power Output @ 4 Ohm: 100W RMS / 200W Peak
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 160Hz
- Impedance: 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm Stable
- Transformer Type: Switch-Mode
- Input Terminals: Speaker (High) Level / Signal (Low) Level RCA
- Outputs: Subwoofer, Speaker Pass-through
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV
- Crossover: 40-160Hz
- Phase: 0-180°
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB
- Air-cooled or Fan-cooled: Air
- Control: Phase, Crossover and Level
- Remote Control: No
- 12 Volt Triggers (Trigger Mode):
- Auto-On Sensing: Yes
- Power Supply: 110-120/220-240VAC
- Rack Mountable: No
- Dimensions (L x D x H): 5.6" x 4.75" x 1.8"
- Weight: 1.75 lbs
- Rating: ETL, CE