- 70V 50W outdoor volume control for multiple speaker installations
- Allows maximum flexibility for your system design
- Rated for 50W of 70V power
- Includes optional through-output for easy daisy chaining configurations
- High-quality auto transformer for excellent frequency response and low insertion loss
- Provides reliable volume control in 70V applications mono
- Weather-proof housing withstands hot, cool and wet climates
- Easy to use rotary volume control knob
Our Black Series MOV50W is a sturdy and reliable 70-volt outdoor volume control for large-scale home installations or commercial applications with multiple pairs of speakers and complex speaker runs. Rated at 50 Watts, this rugged volume control also acts as an attenuator in 10 “make before break” steps with taps set at 10W max to produce more than enough sound in a distributed audio system that may include outdoor speakers set at lower volumes and PA systems set at higher volumes. This flexible VC can also be connected directly to an amplifier with a 70V output for home-run configurations or use the convenient through-output for a daisy chain conﬁguration. The MOV50W allows the speakers to be wired in parallel across the amplifier output so wiring is simple and maintains the full frequency response with no low frequency roll-off. The rotary-style knob easily adjusts the volume from inaudible to loud. Ideal for hotels, theme parks and retail outlets, all componentry is protected by an easy to mount weather-proof outdoor housing designed to withstand cold, hot and wet climates.
More Options to Customize Your Outdoor System
The MOV50W comes with a 70V ohm selector or “tap” that has voltage limiting circuitry. The taps allow different power levels (10W maximum) and volume can be selected for each speaker. With this volume control, you can isolate the individual zones based on the power and the number of speakers. The more power you have, set the taps higher. The less power you have, set your taps lower for a truly customized distributed audio system that won’t overload the amp.