• Front-firing ports for on wall and in-wall placement flexibility
• Sonically neutral cabinet design for a stable, resonance-free platform
• Proprietary blend long strand fiber woofer for distortion-free bass (all models)
• Corrosion-resistant gold-plated speaker terminals
• Gold-plated midrange driver phase cone for more accurate and directional sound (S85)
• Triple array silk dome tweeter array with advanced waveguide unit alignment (S81 &S82)
• AMT tweeter for superior sound quality with pinpoint accuracy (S84 & S85)
• Use as an on-wall or in-wall (brackets and rubber feet included)
• Custom-built second and third order crossover networks for highly accurate sound separation Optional speaker stands: wide (S82/S85), standard (S81/S84)
Our Black S Series on-wall bookshelf speakers are all about performance and are the perfect addition to high-end, dedicated home theaters. This beautifully crafted series includes three 2-way speakers (S81, S82 & S84) and one 3-way speaker (S85), all four of which are tailored for audiophiles who appreciate the subtle but significant differences between high-end and ultra-high-end speakers.
All speakers in the Black S series have a sonically neutral cabinet design for a stable, resonance-free platform for the custom drivers. The cabinet virtually “disappears” when the music or movie begins so all you hear is a precise soundstage, deep and controlled bass, crisp and natural mid and high frequencies.
Front-firing Ports for Placement Flexibility
Black S Series high-end bookshelf speakers feature front firing ports for placement flexibility. Unlike a rear-ported speaker, a front-ported speaker can be placed against a wall with no effect on sound quality. The S Series provides more installation options and delivers optimal sound as an on-wall, a built into a custom in-wall cabinet or as a free-standing with the optional speaker stands.
Custom Low, Mid and High-Frequency Drivers
The Black S Series includes custom-built low, mid and high frequency drivers for spine-chilling accuracy and sonic detail (S85). The woofer cones are made of a proprietary blend of long strand fiber, creating a light, rigid radiating surface for clean, fast and distortion-free bass. The mid-range drivers on the S85 have a gold-plated phase cone to enhance performance and produce a purely accurate and directional listening area. For high frequency sound, the S84 and S85 use AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeters for superior sound quality with pinpoint accuracy and flawless reproduction. Known for its accuracy and excellent dispersion capability, an AMT tweeter provides consistent performance whether measured at two or 20 meters from the enclosure, and frequency response extends out to 30kHz. The more affordable S81 and S82 feature a triple silk dome tweeter array with advanced waveguide unit alignment. Conducting this acoustic freeway of low, mid and high frequencies is Black Series’ custom-built second and third order crossover networks.